Enchanting inside and out and perfectly located, this home has been lovingly maintained by the same family for almost 40 years. The ambiance is classic and timeless with hardwood floors, wooden window shutters, and towering vaulted ceilings. The formal living room connects easily to the extra-large rear yard, the formal dining room awaits entertaining, plus there is an inviting family room. The kitchen is spacious and bright with granite appointments, ebony appliances, a greenhouse window for your herb garden, and a sun-swept spot for breakfast beside sliding glass doors to the perfect barbecue deck.
Three amply proportioned bedrooms are traditionally arranged upstairs. The primary suite has a spacious private balcony with tranquil rear yard views and en suite bath with dressing area of mirrored closets. Two bedrooms each open to the signature balcony that spans the front of the home and one is fully customized for today’s in-home office needs.
Adding the finishing touch, this home has solar-powered electricity and Nest thermostats for eco-friendly energy efficiency. Plus, the home’s location provides convenient walkability, just two blocks to shops and restaurants and less than one mile to the new Burlingame Recreation Center and famed Burlingame Avenue. While Washington Park is close at hand, this home’s extra-large rear yard is a recreational haven unto itself complete with custom playhouse or hobby studio. All of this plus access to great Burlingame schools, including the elementary and high schools just blocks away. Welcome home!
Summary of the Home
· Classic and timeless, with updated solar power, in sought-after Lyon Hoag neighborhood
· 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths on two levels
· Approximately 2,240 square feet of living space
· Enchanting entrance with brick accents, signature upper-level balcony, and manicured front yard
· Traditional foyer introduces fine hardwood floors that extend throughout the main level
· Impressive formal living room with fireplace, towering vaulted ceiling, and angular transoms above sliding glass doors with shutters to the rear yard
· Formal dining room with vaulted ceiling, drum chandelier, and window shutters
· Spacious and bright kitchen has fine wood cabinetry topped in granite slab with full-height backsplashes; a greenhouse window is positioned above the dual-compartment sink and sliding glass doors open in the breakfast area to the rear deck and yard
· All ebony appliances include a JennAir cooktop, KitchenAid oven and microwave, Bosch dishwasher, and Kenmore refrigerator
· Inviting family room has a fireplace outlined to the ceiling in brick and flanked by wooden shutters above built-in cabinetry; a wet bar and adjacent desk center line one wall
· Upstairs primary bedroom suite with lighted ceiling fan, sliding glass door to a private balcony patio, and en suite dressing area with mirrored closets, dual-sink tiled vanity, and separate room with glass-enclosed tub and overhead shower
· Front bedroom, currently customized for office use with significant built-ins with two integrated workstations, plus ceiling fan and double-door closet; wide sliding glass door with shutters opens to the front balcony
· Second front bedroom, also with shuttered sliding glass door to the shared front balcony, ceiling fan, and double-door closet
· Upstairs hallway bath has tile finishes, single-sink vanity, and glass-enclosed tub with overhead shower
· Extra-large rear yard with decks, lawn, mature foliage, and custom finished playhouse/studio with parquet wood floors and electricity
Other features: updated half-bath; concealed upstairs laundry with Whirlpool washer/dryer; Nest thermostat; solar power; attached 2-car garage with built-ins
· Desirable Lyon Hoag neighborhood just two blocks to Peninsula Avenue shops and cafes and less than one mile to the new Burlingame Recreation Center at Washington Park and to famed Burlingame Avenue shopping and dining
· Lot size of approximately 6,000 square feet
Excellent Burlingame schools: Washington Elementary, Burlingame Intermediate, Burlingame High (buyer to confirm)